The Court of Pirates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literary pirate roleplay based on the exploits of the Prince of Pirates, Black Sam Bellamy

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
COURT OF PIRATES GRAND OPENING! WELCOME!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Va Tek French Tek Amp Belgium Beats
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 am by kirama

» Caseros Colegios Ecuador 3gp
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:17 am by kirama

» Driver Navigator Key Generator V1.0.exe
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 am by 

» Driver Navigator Key Generator V1.0.exe
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 am by 

» Stardock Deskscapes 3.5 Patch
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:14 am by 

» Stardock Deskscapes 3.5 Patch
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 am by 

» Memories in an Apple Orchard
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm by Samuel

» An occurrence at the Tortuga Tavern
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:08 pm by Iriseyes666

» Another risk of being a pirate
How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 pm by Iriseyes666

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 29 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:48 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this week
No user

How to Play (Read Me Second)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AdminMutePoetess
Owner
Owner
AdminMutePoetess

How to Play (Read Me Second) Empty
PostSubject: How to Play (Read Me Second)   How to Play (Read Me Second) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Never participated in a literary role play before? It's easy! But the Court of Pirates is a little different, so even you veterans should read on:

1. First, make sure you read everything in this forum so you know the rules to follow and how our particular role play works. After that, the fun begins....

2. The first thing you'll want to do (after reading through the rest of the information in this forum) is create a character biography and post it on the Biographies board, which is directly under Role Play category. You will find a post in this forum with the Biography template. Simply copy and paste this template into a new post and fill in the information with your character.

3. In this biography, you will be asked what crew you are a part of if you're a pirate. To join a crew or to become a pirate captain of your own ship, you must put a request in on the Captains and Crews board which is the board under the Biographies board. Either address it to the captain of the crew you wish to join, or address it to the administrators for permission to become a pirate Captain. You'll find a list of current captains and crews in that forum as well. When your request has been approved, you may fill in on the character biography what ship's crew you're a part of or what ship you captain. (You do not have to be part of a crew at all - you can be a lone pirate if you want.)

4. Once you have your character biography all set up, it's time to start role-playing! But how? It's easy! The Map is there to be your reference as to knowing where you're role playing and there are seven main categories: The Northern Cape, the Main Cape, the Southern Cape, The Mainland, Capawac Island, Canopache Island, and Open Waters. From those categories, there are sub-boards made up of towns or landmarks. Each of these boards has an "Area Information" post describing the lay of the land and the people in the town or area. Pick one that suits your fancy.

5. Start a new post and start writing part of a story as though your character is in that location. Be sure to write in the third person, and when you have a suitable post (about a paragraph long, or longer) then include some sort of lead-in ending, making it easier for another person to bring in their own character. Post your first RP and wait for a response! Someone else will come and make their own character part of your story and from there, just post back and forth. Some role plays will have more than two people playing. ((Do note that all posts within the Role Play boards are expected to be in character, though if you wish to make an Out-Of-Character or OOC comment within your post, please enclose it in double parentheses like this note is.))

6. Start creating more characters and more posts =] You will get the hang of it very quickly! If you have any trouble or questions, post on the questions board or ask an Admin.
Back to top Go down
http://mutepoetess.deviantart.com

How to Play (Read Me Second)
Page 1 of 1