The Court of Pirates
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A literary pirate roleplay based on the exploits of the Prince of Pirates, Black Sam Bellamy

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
COURT OF PIRATES GRAND OPENING! WELCOME!
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» Va Tek French Tek Amp Belgium Beats
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 3:12 am by kirama

» Caseros Colegios Ecuador 3gp
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 18, 2014 4:17 am by kirama

» Driver Navigator Key Generator V1.0.exe
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 am by 

» Driver Navigator Key Generator V1.0.exe
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:07 am by 

» Stardock Deskscapes 3.5 Patch
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:14 am by 

» Stardock Deskscapes 3.5 Patch
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 8:13 am by 

» Memories in an Apple Orchard
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 8:14 pm by Samuel

» An occurrence at the Tortuga Tavern
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 9:08 pm by Iriseyes666

» Another risk of being a pirate
The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 pm by Iriseyes666

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 29 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:48 am
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posting users this week
No user

The Rules (Read me fourth)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AdminMutePoetess
Owner
Owner
AdminMutePoetess

The Rules (Read me fourth) Empty
PostSubject: The Rules (Read me fourth)   The Rules (Read me fourth) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 11:06 pm

Rules

The Golden Rules of RolePlay:
1.) No One-Liners: No one likes responding to a one-liner post. Add some substance. Also, include an playable ending, as in something that someone can play off of. Something that suggests a way for a new character to join in. [i]In addition, all posts within the Role Play boards are expected to be in character, but if you wish to include an Out-Of-Character comment within your post, enclose it in double parentheses)).

2.) No Thread Abandonment: If you do not want to be in a certain thread anymore, write yourself out, alright? We don't want your character sitting there, comatose for the rest of the thread, so write yourself out.

3.) No chat-speak: As a literary roleplayer, I assume that you can, to some degree, write and read the English language. Please, please do not use sentences like, "she went 2 c the man @ the table". It is unbearably annoying. Also, please try to use punctuation, as well as some indication that the character is speaking (i.e. "Quote Marks" or *stars* or -dashes- or whatever.)

4.) No controlling other characters: You can only move and control a charcter that you have made up. For example: if you're character is Joe and you're roleplaying with the character Bob, you cannot say "Joe walked up behind Bob and shouted "Boo!" Bob jumped out of his chair." That last sentence, yeah, that's not allowed. You could however say something like "Joe walked up behind Bob and shouted "Boo!", hoping to make Bob jump out of his chair."

5.) No killing other characters: Well, duh. Don't kill people, that's not your choice to make.

6.) Just another character thing.... No character is invincible. Your character may have unbeatable speed and strength, or cunning, or some other awesome powers, but everyone is vulnerable in some way or has some sort of weakness. It doesn't have to be obvious, and you don't have to state it, but no invincible characters.

Other Rules

Violence policy: Well, this is a pirate role play after all, so there's going to be violence of course! But, we do ask that you keep the excessive graphic gory descriptions to a minimum.

Language Policy: Swearing again is a kind of given on a pirate role play, but keep it period accurate if you can, and not excessive as in, don't let every other word be a swear word. Also, no racial slurs, and no f-word please.

Sex Policy: Yes there is flirting, yes, there are "barroom ladies," yes, things can happen behind closed doors but this is strictly a no-sex role play. This is a place for you to live out your adventure fantasies, not your sexual ones.

Character Stuff: Post a biography before RPing. No invincible characters. No perfect characters, please. Everyone has flaws.

Items and such: No lasers, guns, modern or futuristic anything. Swords, pistols, bombs etc. Do a little research if you must.

One more thing

No Spamming

No Harassing

No abuse

If you have any problems, contact an Admin
Back to top Go down
http://mutepoetess.deviantart.com

The Rules (Read me fourth)
Page 1 of 1